At dreamwithava.com (also referred as “Ava”, “Dream with Ava” or “Dream with Ava LTD”), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you. Dream with Ava team members are customers themselves, both of Dream with Ava and other Internet sites. We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security when navigating online.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information. This notice therefore explains:
◦ Who is responsible for processing your data
◦ What data do we collect;
◦ Why do we collect that information;
◦ For whom is your data intended;
◦ How long we keep your information;
◦ Your options and choices to control your information;
◦ How do we protect your data;
◦ Transfers of Information
◦ What we won’t do with your information; and
◦ What choice and options you have to control your information.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know, this notice covers all Dream with Ava website and services.
That includes dreamwithava.com site, Dream with Ava mobile site, Dream with Ava platform technology, and all other
Dream with Ava websites, developer platforms and other products and services (collectively “Dream with Ava” or the “Services”).
We are always happy to take any questions, comments or suggestions relating to
this notice. Just contact our Customer Care team if you’d like to discuss this with us.
Our over-arching data principles
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following overarching data principles:
◦ Your information belongs to you, not us – you should be able to control it, and
you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with
◦ We will only collect, keep, use and share your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you
haven’t objected to, or (b) where we’re legally required to do so – and as soon as those purposes have been fully achieved, we will delete your information;
◦ We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to
make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with;
◦ As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security
safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
What Data do we collect ?
The term “Data” refers to any personal information that may be used to identify you as an individual and that you provide to the Processing Manager to register on the Website and create an account, receive information or proceed with an online order. Only the data necessary for the successful execution of our e-commerce and retail activity, involving the items and services offered on the Website dreamwithava.com.
The personal data we collect includes:
◦ your details (title, surname, first name, email, telephone number, full address, etc.),
◦ your personal information (date of birth, gender etc.),
◦ your delivery information (surname/first name, street, postcode, town/city, country, delivery comments, etc.)
◦ your personal preferences, including your marketing preferences (subscriptions to our newsletters etc.) and cookies (technical information: technical logs, IP address, etc.),
◦ information about the products you have viewed,
◦ bank payment data,
◦ your order history,
◦ a record of emails exchanged with customer service.
The creation of an account on the Website requires the creation of a password. This password is encrypted and is known only by you. We are not able to access it. Should you forget your password, a link to set a new password will be sent to your contact email.
Why do we collect your Data ?
The processing of your personal data allows us to provide you with the Website’s services, to improve our services and to maintain a secure environment.
Your data is processed for the following main purpose:
◦ to carry out the transactions relating to our commercial relationship (orders,payment, deliveries, invoices, accounting, satisfaction surveys, customer
service, loyalty programme, etc.);
And more specifically for :
◦ the management of your Account, your registration and your connection to our site, as well as the provision of the services to which they give access
respectively (online ordering, private sales, sending of newsletters, etc.);
◦ the management of your orders;
◦ the management of the delivery of your orders;
◦ the management of our customer relationship and your complaints;
◦ the creation of a customer database for customer loyalty, prospection, promotion and market research activities (improving your user experience
and our services), in accordance with the regulations in force;
◦ ensuring a personalised browsing experience on the Website: making our Website easier to use and adapting our products and services to your
interests and needs (proposal of related products, record of last products viewed, personalised recommendations);
◦ statistical purposes;
◦ Dream with Ava’s compliance with its legal obligations as a publisher of electronic communication services for the public online (preventing or
For whom is your Data intended ?
The personal data collected is processed by the in-house staff at Dream with Ava to provide you with the services you request and in accordance with the defined purposes.
Dream with Ava agrees not to sell your personal data to third parties.
Dream with Ava may need to transfer your personal data to certain service providers and partners that help Dream with Ava provide and improve its services, such as:
Logistics and delivery provider (carriers, couriers),
◦ Technical provider (internet service providers, companies specialising in computer and telematic services),
◦ Payment provider (banking operators),
◦ Marketing provider (companies engaging in marketing activities [including social media organisations], companies specialising in market research and
data processing, call centre companies, publishing and distribution companies).
Dream with Ava ensures that it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, in particular, implement all technical and organisational
measures possible to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data.
Where partners are located outside the European Union, Dream with Ava shall take all appropriate measures to ensure the security of such data transfers.
How long do we keep your information ?
In accordance with the legislation and regulations in force, we do not keep your data beyond the period strictly necessary for the purposes set out above. Thisperiod varies depending on the purpose of the processing.
At the end of this retention period, your data will be permanently erased or irreversibly anonymised.
Data from your customer account 5 years from the end of the relationship with the Website. This period starts from
the last order, from the last connection to your customer account, from the last callto customer service, from an email sent to customer service, from when you click on a link sent in an email from Dream with Ava, or from when you place a product inthe basket without fulfilling the purchase.At the end of these 5 years, an email asking if the customer wishes to continue toreceive commercial communication will be sent. Should there be no response or a negative response, the customer’s data will be permanently deleted or anonymised.
Billing data retained until the end of the corresponding financial year and the legalretention period (10 years).
Payment details retained until certification of payment and completion of therelevant administrative and accounting formalities with regard to your right of
retraction and the conditions applied for disputing the payment.
Subscription to advertising communications
Data retained for this purpose until the end of the service or until you cancel yoursubscription to the service, which can be carried out at any time (by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our newsletters).
Your Options and Choices
We want you to have simple and meaningful choices over your information. While we work hard behind the scenes to protect you and your data at all times, we’re also committed to providing you with tools to further manage the privacy and security of your information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personal information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
◦ You can verify the details you have submitted to Dream with Ava by contacting our Customer Care team, or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
◦ You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Dream with Ava regarding your profile
at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through the Dream with Ava Social Media channels for example, that
information may remain visible, even after you have deleted the information from your own account.
◦ You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. This can be done through your account settings, by unticking on the “sign up
to our Newsletter” box or by contacting our Customer Care team. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further
marketing emails. Please note that this might take a few days for all our systems to have updated with that fact, and that you might receive a small
number of emails from us while we process your request. Please also note that you will still receive service communications from time to time (see the
‘how we may use your information’ section).
◦ At any time, you can request a copy of the personal data we hold on our systems about you. If you wish to do so, please contact our Customer Care
team who will be able to assist you with your query. We won’t charge you anything for this, but we might need to ask some further questions to confirm
your identity before we provide any information.
◦ You may also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Dream with Ava. For example, the browser you use may
provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage, or your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and
whether location or other data is shared with us. [In particular, if onlineadverts are not to your liking, we would encourage you to find out more aboutthe Do Not Track browser setting.] To learn more about these choices, please refer to your device or software provider.
How do we protect your Data ?
We ensure the security of your personal data by providing enhanced protection,through the use of specific technical and organisational security measures, to prevent your personal data from being used illegally or fraudulently.
We make sure that your personal data is not disclosed, misrepresented, damagedor altered and that unauthorised third parties do not have access to it.
We train our employees and collaborators in the importance of confidentiality andpersonal data protection. We limit the number of employees with access to yourdata to those who directly contribute to providing you with quality services.
We use various cookies on the Website to improve its interactivity and our services.
What is a cookie?
◦ A cookie is a file of limited size, generally consisting of letters and numbers, sent by the internet server to the browser’s cookie folder, located on your
computer’s hard drive.
What cookies do we use ?
◦ Cookies strictly necessary for the site to function
These cookies are essential to browse our Website (such as session IDs); they allow you to use the main features of the Website and secure your connection. They allow you, for example, to directly access the reserved and personal areas of our Website, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously provided. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use the Website normally; we advise you not to delete them.
◦ Analytical cookies
These cookies allow us to analyse the use and performance of our site, to establish statistics, visit numbers and volume of use of the various elements of our site (content visited, routes), thus allowing us to improve the relevance and ergonomics of our services.
◦ Social links & cookies
Our website contains links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other similar social networks that allow you to share content from our Website with others. When you use these share buttons, a third-party cookie is installed. If you are connected to the social network as you visit our Website, the share buttons make it possible to link the content viewed to your user account. We invite you to consult these social networks’ privacy policies to learn the purposes, especially advertising-related, of the browsing information they collect through these application buttons.
Transferts of your information.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Dream with Ava or one of our suppliers. Such processing may, for example, be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
As the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure, we will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How do we share the information we collect?
We are aware that it is Dream with Ava that you are trusting with your information, not some other company. But, to be able to carry out our business, we do need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their particular fields – after all, we’re good at what we do, but we’re not good at everything! We are very careful who we share your information with, but it is important that you understand when that sharing takes place and why, and that’s what this section explains. The limited instances where we may share your information include:
– We share your information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function: Dream with Ava relies on a number of
external companies to provide it with key services, products and applications in order to be able to provide the Services. These include for example companies who help us pick and pack orders, make deliveries, support our customers, carry out fraud protection and credit risk reduction checks, support our IT systems, helpkeep us secure, enable our marketing, audit whether we’re doing what we’re supposed to be doing, or make sure we’re keeping the books right. We just can’t do everything ourselves, after all, and working with experts in various fields enables us to improve our Services for you in the quickest, most efficient way.
Each of the external companies we work with has been selected by us for their ability to provide specific services needed. On that basis and only on that basis, we may therefore disclose your personal information to such third parties who need to be given specific tailored access to your information to facilitate our Services by performing key tasks on our behalf, and who are obligated to only use it in line with our instructions, and not to disclose or use it for other purposes. We are confident that we can trust those third party service providers with your information.
– We share your information when we’re required to comply with a legal request: to do business in all the countries that we do, Dream with Ava is required to liaise witha number of regulators and other law enforcement agencies in each of those countries. Whilst it doesn’t happen often (touch wood!), some of those regulators or agencies may legally require us to share your information with them, under law, under a court order or subpoena, or as a result of some other legal process. If we do come under a legal or regulatory duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, we will have to share your information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply. Having said that, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overboard, vague or lack proper authority. We will also attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
– We may share your information externally if we are considering a corporate transaction: We are always looking at ways to make our corporation stronger and more effective. As a result, we may sometime consider certain corporate transactions, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding. If we were to consider such a transaction, that may involve the transfer of your information solely for the purposes of enabling that transaction or proceeding to be assessed. In the event that Dream with Ava sells or buys any business or assets, or if Dream with Ava or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data which we hold about our customersmay be one of the transferred assets.
How we DON’T use your information
WE WILL NOT Sell your information without your consent: We will not sell your personal information– including your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card information – to any third party. We believe this is absolutely essential to receive and repay your trust in us.
We are always keen to hear from our customers and are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – after all, we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the Dream with Ava team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. You can either contact Customer Care via Dream with Ava website or directly emailing us at email@example.com .
Changes to this Policy
This page was last updated on 1 January 2021.